This post is another announcement, an announcement that for the next two and a bit months I’m going to be incredibly boring.
Every revision ‘crunch time’ period something comes up in my love life to emotionally crush me. I’m exaggerating; it’s happened the last two times. But this time, this time, I am completely alone. No one to hurt me; which is fucking awesome for me, but incredibly boring for you dear reader.
Sadly I am one of those awful revisers that end up developing some strange version of Attention Deficit Disorder when faced with the prospect of study leave or those depressing term holidays in which you’re advised to spend either revising or drunk. So some dramatic and often ridiculous event in my love life gives me an amazing sidebar to concentrate all my mental, emotional and physical energy into.
But come on, revision is SO FUCKING MUNDANE! And not in a mundane 'Oh I need to do this for my future, motivation station' kind of way.
It’s more of an ‘OMFG seriously I’d rather be at school right now, anything but THIS!’ kind of way. I think the visual representation of this is:
Well, I don't know about you but this is me at the end of most of my 'revision sessions'. I hate those people who are like "Oh yes I've just finished 5 hours of revision", no you haven't; you've stared into space for at least an hour of that time, texted people and posted a facebook status regarding revision had several 'brain breaks', eaten a whole tub of ice cream, played with your new shiny revision gel pens and made a timetable. 5 hours, fuck off.
But anyway, I'm sidetracking, here's the real point of this post:
I’m completely and utterly lacking a love life or even a sex life; this could go one of two ways
1. The new and growing popularity of the blog could reverse and hit an all-time low; resulting in my constant nagging need for popularity and attention not being fulfilled and driving me crazy until I do something outlandish and inappropriate just so I can write about it.
2. This should be seen as a sign to get on with my revision until the end of June and focus on my future. Because then I can run around the UK on a quest for human dilators all summer long knowing full well that I can get away with it because I did fine I my exams.
Hmmmm… Are you seeing an obvious choice here too..?
I think there could be potential action with one or two people if I knocked it up a notch, but I think at this point exam-wise I shouldn't encourage drama, I should in fact embrace my singularity and briefly become asexual.
I’ve got with 24 people so far this year; most of them weren't interesting enough to write about, but I feel I have filled my guy/action quota for the time being. These randomers have produced some funny anecdotes though; which I could replicate in blog post form if you get bored of revision attempts too.
So my conclusion: put all my planning, scheming and general overthinking into my studies. Revise loads and if something fun comes along then that’s fine.
Stay Studious
xAx





What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete^ Spam alert! ^
ReplyDeleteAnywho...
You have yet to enter the glorious years of University procrastination - that, my dear, is a joy to behold as you don't have parents breathing down your neck every 5mins - it's just you!
I say, knuckle down to your A-Levels, this time in two months you'll be a free woman, have the summer at your disposal and on the cusp of flying the nest. The release after the A-Level slog I found to be when people are at their most flamboyant in terms of getting it on with eachother - that's your moment to pounce.
Just my twopence worth...
LP x
Yeah I thought so too, 'Mr Cart Ridge'..? Haha.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping the utter stress relief will mean excessive drinking and attempting to have sex. Hopefully meaning lots of new blog posts. I'm hoping all the other twitter bloggers will yell at me if I spend too much time online!
xAx
p.s. LP I'm getting some more pretty pens tomorrow! Yay!
Here is another reason for you to NOT have sex:
ReplyDeleteGod keeps winning. Fighting God's vaginal lock is almost impossible. So you better give up. You need to give more respect to your nun's vagina. A full intercourse may be an unreachable dream for you.
Yeah, you can still have intercourse...but only in your dreams. You are one of God's population controllers.
God versus xAx.
God wins.
Haaa, I'm going through a similar time... Except I'm in my final year university. BLERGH. 4 weeks until I leave education forever!
ReplyDeleteI have always advocated studies first and generally stuck by that (lie) but useful revision techniques (change facebook/twitter password, turn off laptop, go to the library)
saying that I was dating three guys but luckily one of them (although unfortunately because he was my favourite) went back to his ex and another one I can use the finals excuse, perfect, I'm left with one and that awkward decisions are made for me.
if you have to wander.. then have fun, not drama ;)
good luck with the revision...!
london girl up north">london girl up north
A Levels are easy anyway so stop whining and get some As.
ReplyDeleteHaha I'm joking (mostly). I'm sure I was complaining just as much in 2007 or whenever I was doing mine - I miss those times! Summer after A2s but before uni is a glorious, glorious time though, so work now, then reap the benefits.
A-Levels are nasty these days, Jake - not like in the olden days when you and I took them!!
ReplyDeleteAnywho - I know you're just joshing (whatever the hell the word is these young'uns use).
The summer after A-Levels is awesome sauce. I got laid a lot. Including on the beach. So VATTS/A, look to the silver, foiled, lining.
LP xx
I have to add my assurances that the summer after A2s is a good time. I, too, got laid a lot during that summer - it seems like there's nothing to lose!
ReplyDeleteYou're far too clever a girl to think that, after A2s, the hard part is over. But, however much you know that in your heart of hearts, because university's no cakewalk (it's easier than you'd think, though, from my experience), when you walk out of that final A2, it feels absolutely glorious.
And the summer is a blissful stretch of wonderment.
Primary Vaginismus.
ReplyDeleteIf you have it, then your body is NOT designed for sex.
It is God's way of telling a woman that she is DESTINED to become a nun or celibate.
So if you have it, go on and BECOME A NUN.
Or be CELIBATE.
That's because it is God's way of controlling the global population. God created women with such sexual dysfunction to keep them away from sex and thus preventing conception. Unfortunately, most women don't realize it and would still go through days and weeks of therapy which is just time consuming.
Trying to remedy your condition is against God's will.
God does NOT want you to have sex.
If your a woman, don't get married & don't have sex if your VAGINA wont let you.
God had CLOSED the gates of your virginity.
FACE IT! You have a NUN'S VAGINA.
It is time to give up on men and become a NUN.
VAGINISMUS may be the answer to overpopulation.
God truly works in strange ways.
I am now an enlightened man.