Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Exam Stress

So I finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctor’s. I cried very embarrassingly through the interview with a woman with a thick Indian accent; explained that I can’t have sex and think I had vaginismus. It is shockingly hard to talk about your hymen in person.


Anyway, yes. Hymens. Apparently I still have one. Which is unusual considering I’ve kind of half had sex and use those super big tampons on a regular basis. So yeah, hurray for hymens…

The doctor basically gave me some options and explained that my hymen is quite thick, and hopefully will eventually break, at some point. A Hymenectomy was also an option, which is where they cut it in half and essentially ‘tearing’ it as it should do during regular, run of the mill sex. This scared me like crazy, I’m not squeamish, but just the image of a scalpel in the nether regions makes me cringe in the same way I imagine guys do when they see someone getting kicked in the balls really hard.

Anyway the doctor told me those dreadful things after my examination. Jeez, the examination. They took me in this room and told me to take off everything on my bottom half, I recommend if you go for/are expecting there to be an examination you should wear a casual floaty dress, as you feel a right nonce standing there in just a shirt and bra…

They told me to lie on the bed in the usual position; ankles together, knees apart. Then started the weirdest 5 minutes of my life so far, and it began with the sentence ‘I’m just going to put this dilator…’ FML. Looking back on it, I could have been a lot more graceful about the whole experience, like remembering to shave and not yelling at the nurse ‘do you realise what she’s doing down there?!’ when she asked me what my A Level choices are.

I’m not going to sugar coat it; from when the dilator was about half way in until I couldn’t take any more and told them to take it out, it hurt like a mother. It hurt a lot more than the times I’ve tried to have sex and failed. With the position my legs were in it felt like I was giving birth. It. Was. Awful. But I only had to do it once. And in the long run, I owe it to that torturous dilator and that emotionally scared nurse big time.

xAx

3 comments:

  1. When I was a young college boy, I doubted the existence of God.

    But after I discovered Primary Vaginismus, it helped STRENGTHEN my faith in God. Finally, there is an evidence of such divine intervention - a vagina was manipulated by a HIGHER POWER for the purpose of birth control. This HIGHER POWER can inflict a woman with fear and ignorance of her own sexuality and manifested in a form of Primary Vaginismus. I am now an enlightened man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T LISTEM TO MAYPAKI... HE'S A BIG FAT DOUCHE BAG WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKING ABOUT. leave women alone maypaki... oh and sterilize yourself.

    P.S. i had a very similar doctors appt, its pretty common actually, so i've seen on other blogs. I have had vaginismus my whole life, though i found out something was wrong when i was 16, and had the most painful sex in existence. If you do dilator exercises its really supposed to help.. i've been doing them for like 3 months now, and its only helped slightly, i'm still not able to have painfree, let alone pleasurable sex yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Alysha! You said Vaginismus is "pretty common actually". I guess that confirms my belief that God is doing his best to control the population.

    If it is pretty common, then HOW COMMON IS IT?

    By the way, I am not FAT. I am a man in my late 20s. My height is 5 feet 8 inches tall and my weight is 135 lbs.

    Beautiful women who masturbate (both clitoral & vaginal) are the SEXIEST because they already know how to use their vagina. I am a MAN and I know this because I watch FEMALE MASTURBATION PORN.

    I have read stories and video interviews of women who start by rubbing their clitoris and later insert their fingers inside their vagina.
    Because clitoral stimulation may help stimulate their vagina to self-lubricate. Vaginal masturbation trains them to accommodate a penis. Masturbation is their best sex education.
    Masturbation (both clitoral and vaginal) teaches women how to use their vagina.

    For more information, watch "Conversations with Women: Masturbation" on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0SycDAOdBc

    It may actually help prevent pain in their first time.
    Go to: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101222082336AAYD147

    xAx just cannot compete against women doing both clitoral & vaginal masturbation.

    Because not not all women are the same. There are those who are really DUMB about their vagina, others are incapable of being penetrated.

    If a woman doesn't know how to use her vagina, then she shouldn't be having sex. Limited or lack of masturbation skills increases her chance of having vaginismus, dry vagina and thick hymen.
    She's not able to masturbate properly because God forbids her to learn about sex. She is meant to be celibate to control the population.

    Primary Vaginismus = nun's vagina or celibacy.
    It is the answer to over population.

    ReplyDelete